Rose flower tattoos
Rose Tattoo: history
Rose Tattoo means the same as Lotus in the east; it means love (pure and innocent). Ancient Greeks believed that the rose initially was white. It became red after the goddess of love Aphrodite had pricked one of thorns and had shed her blood on a flower.
For the first time roses were being grown up in Persia where they were perceived only as masculine flowers. After few thousand years people were cultivating roses in all parts of the world, creating new grades of the plant. Therefore, now roses are considered to be female flowers that represent beauty.
As for tattoos, you will be able to find any design for both genders in equal quantity. It was sailors who paid attention to the Rose Tattoo for the first time. By tattoos sailors were showing the respect to their wives and beloved which they had to leave at home.
Rose Tattoo: beauty
The most general meaning of the Rose Tattoo is beauty. Many people, who have chosen this image, consider that it opens their external and internal beauty. If the rose is designed with thorns it means that her owner pays more attention to the inner world, emphasizing that appearance can be deceptive. The rose without thorns symbolizes external beauty declaring "look, but don't touch".
Rose Tattoo: love
Love is one more important meaning of the Rose Tattoo. The rose without thorns symbolizes that her owner is in love. Thorns, on the contrary, warn against pain, which can bring love. The flower with thorns also confirms that love without losses and concessions is impossible.
Rose Tattoo: color
Victorians considered that color of a rose is capable to change its value and qualities, so you should consider this factor choosing your design of the tattoo.
- red rose: true love (one flower), passion, romance, respect;
- pink rose: attraction, elegance, softness;
- coral rose: desire;
- orange rose: enthusiasm, passion, appeal;
- peach rose: modesty, friendship;
- yellow rose: envy (old meaning), friendship, happiness, pleasure, devotion (modern meaning);
- white rose: purity, innocence, spiritual love, youth;
- blue rose: enthusiasm, imagination, impossibility (because blue roses don't exist in the nature);
- violet rose: charm, love at first sight;
- black rose: death, darkness (in the nature a rose, which we consider to be black, is actually dark-violet);
- white-red rose: mercy, unity, justice;
- yellow-red rose: congratulations;
- yellow-orange rose: passionate thoughts, notions of compulsion.
Rose Tattoo: ideas
There is a huge number of various designs. The following images are considered to be the most widespread:
- rose and butterfly: the most natural combination;
- rose and inscription: near a flower it is usually written names of beloved or close people;
- rose and dagger: the relations are in love-hate style, that is very passionate feelings;
- rose and barbed wire: love causes pain and sufferings;
- rose and cross: it is a tattoo in memory of loved and dear person;
- rose and skull: it is also a memorial tattoo, symbolizing your grief because of the loss;
- pair of roses: spouses can choose identical design to emphasize their love and devotion.